Article critiqued in this episode:
Sustaining Hope in Uncertain Times
By Dane Jensen
March 15, 2022
In this episode:
We look at a ‘do good’ paradigm idea of how to deal with uncertainty. To overcome depression and anxiety and ignite hope. But we discover that visioning a better future has bad side-effects for social systems and planetary health. Thank goodness there is a better way to do all three at the same time.
How to connect with Carol and her way of thinking
- Explore how you can learn to apply the alternative approaches offered in Business Second Opinion.
- Participate in The Regenerative Business Development Community series with 10-12 other business. Options include: Strategic Thinking/Business Development or Leadership of Industry and Market.
- The Regenerative Business Summit: a one-day event applying Regenerative Thinking to tough subjects like racism, war, planetary genocide, social justice and how integrate social responsibility into Strategic Thinking and Leadership effectively in game changing ways. Meet others who have been doing this successfully and making a difference. Usually the 3rd week of November, with a new subject of focus each year. More at CarolSanfordInstitute.com under offerings
- Pursue how Carol gets to the ideas she does. Explore how to integrate Systemic Critical Thinking Skills, based on a Living Systems Paradigm into your practice of coaching, consulting, and mentoring. Join the Change Agent Development Community. Four online or local options
- Apply the concepts in the Business Second Opinion Podcast to roles you personally play in and beyond business. E.g. parent, designer, earth tender, educator, media content creator, entrepreneur, citizen, economic shaper, spirit resource (coach, ministering, therapist). Read the book, The Regenerative Life. Join a book club for more by buying books in bulk. Email to join or ask questions.
- Read Carol’s books or join a book club
- The Regenerative Business: Redesign Work, Cultivate Human Potential, Achieve Extraordinary Outcomes
- The Responsible Entrepreneur: Four Game-Changing Archetypes for Founders, Leaders, and Impact Investors
- The Responsible Business: Reimagining Sustainability and Success
- No More Feedback: Cultivate Consciousness at Work
- Indirect Work: The Oldest and Best Researched Way to Create Real Change
Her books have won 23 awards so far and are required reading at leading business and management schools including Harvard, Stanford, Haas Berkeley and MIT and almost 100 other academic institutions. Carol also partners with producing Executive Education through Babson College, Kaospilot in Denmark and University of Washington, Bothell, WA, sponsored by The Lewis Institute at Babson.
* * * * *
DO YOU LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR?
- Please rate and review this podcast wherever you go for podcasts.
- Donating = Co-creating (bringing something meaningful and significant into the world, together)
We love bringing you a second opinion on toxic ideas in business. We examine alternatives— from history to underlying paradigms. Our gift is clear thinking and discerning wisdom. Send an article on a subject you want a second opinion on.
Engage with us. Raise your voice. Join us in co-creation. Don’t let toxic practices go quietly into the world, unexamined. If our podcast stirs you up, knocks you back on your heels or just makes you jump for joy, consider joining now as a spontaneous or sustaining patron.
- This podcast and show notes are sponsored by Numi Tea. Please support our podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Carol Sanford and Zac Swartout, co-hosts