- about carol
- press room
Success Without Tradeoffs: Achieving Dramatic Improvements For All The Business' Stakeholders
(Executive Summary in At Work: Stories of Tomorrow's Workplace, Jan/Feb, 1998)
This is a case study that show how Kingsford Charcoal (a subsidiary of the Clorox Company) followed a Developmental Change Process that :
- Enabled production of the same tonnage with just 5 plants it had previously taken 13 facilities and 2 contractors to deliver.
- Redefined the safety program standard well below the industry average injury rate, while quality improved 10-fold.
- Introduced an on-going stream of new and competitively unique products at one-third the former introduction time and twice the rate of success they had experienced before.
- Increased profits by 250% positioning their products at #1 or #2 in the industry in every category in sales.
- Won State awards for good citizenship (Kentucky) and National awards for product design (Fortune Magazine).